From Monday 6 November, grab your mates and head over to check out the soft opening of our new food, beverage and social precinct – Campus Common. An exciting mix of retailers joins the space, including:
- Sambal – Singaporean and Malaysian cuisines
- Sushi World – High-quality quick and easy sushi
- Doner Kebab – New twist on Turkish street food
- Lee’s Asian Food – Traditional Chinese dishes
- Taste Baguette – Campos coffee and handcrafted baguettes, fresh salads and more food options with a French-Vietnamese flavour
- Boost Juice – Smoothies, snacks, crushes and juices
- Burger Freight – Variety of food and drink creations including burgers, milkshakes and more
The new Ubar is also scheduled to open on Monday. It’s been one of your favourite late afternoon/evening hangouts for a while, but now it’ll be open from 7:30am Monday to Friday all year. Meet a friend for a coffee, chill out or study throughout the day. There’s still a great line-up of events, too. Stop by from 2pm on Tuesday 7 November to catch the Melbourne Cup action on the big screen, enter sweeps and raffles, or compete for ‘best dressed’. Happy Hour continues in the Campus Common every Friday from 4:30pm to 6:30pm ($5 basics and $10 pizzas). Follow Ubar on Facebook to see which of your favourite artists will play each week.
Now that the new precinct is ready, we plan to permanently close the Campus Hub this Friday 3 November. As a reminder, banks/ATMs, grocery stores and other shops are located at the popular Macquarie Centre, located within walking distance to the University. MQ merchandise will still be available on campus through a pop-up stall and online store.
Later this year, C9A and C10A will be removed to make room for an innovative new teaching and learning building – to be called 1 Central Courtyard – with food and beverage offerings, as well as the first two of five student housing buildings. Watch this space for more details. In the meantime, enjoy the new Campus Common!
See a list of opening times for each location throughout the year and our new food and drink menu here.